Managing eWaste at Rental Properties
TVs and electronics become outdated faster than anything else. With people wanting the newest and best, the ‘old’ electronics often get left behind.
Property managers in Sioux Falls have to deal with tenants leaving behind everything from Stereos and Speakers, to Televisions and Computers, to Monitors and Microwaves, and everything in between. When it comes to electronic junk removal from rental properties, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Know the Law: In Sioux Falls, electronics are banned from the landfill (City of Sioux Falls ordinance). To avoid any unnecessary fines or legal issues, property managers must keep electronics out of the garbage.
- Know your Options: The easiest way to avoid the landfill is through recycling. The Sioux Falls HHW facility accepts electronics from residents free of charge, but not from businesses. Try to promote the Sioux Falls facility to your residential tenants as much as possible, but for the rest that gets left behind, you’ll have to rely on a someone like SEAM, located just up the road.
- Make Sure You’re Covered: Whichever option you choose, make sure all equipment will be properly disposed of. If anything does end up in the landfill or dumped on the side of the road, you’re on the hook. Using an R2 or e-Stewards certified recycler guarantees equipment is properly recycled and you’ll get a certificate of recycling as proof.
SEAM offers convenient electronics recycling services for local commercial properties of all sizes. At our convenient Sioux Falls drop off location, we offer billing and invoicing for fast and easy unload and simple payment. We are fully licensed and insured to provide certified No-Landfill recycling and accept most electronics:
- Stereos & Speakers
- Televisions, Computers & Monitors
- Printers & Fax Machines
- Telephones & Small Devices
- Cords & Peripherals
- CDs, VHS, Cassettes
- Non PCB Lighting Ballasts & Bulbs
- Other Miscellaneous Electronics
- View full list
Give us a call for a free estimate for your property electronic waste, or drop by our facility Monday through Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM with your truckload and we’ll help you properly (and quickly) get rid of your junk!