Since opening our doors in 2013, SEAM has partnered with responsible businesses in the Sioux Falls and surrounding area who truly care about how their IT equipment is handled. Not only are our clients concerned about proper management of the hazardous materials inside electronics, they also want to protect their customers to make sure any private data including names, addresses, social security numbers, bank account information, and more stays secure with zero risk of being exposed.
In the past five years, SEAM and its customers have responsibly recycled almost 16 Million pounds of electronics. That means we've saved about 45 Boeing 747 jet airplanes, 3,446 pickup trucks, 2,000 elephants, or 16,000 golf carts worth of technology in weight from ending up in the landfill.
By recycling electronics with a certified vendor, our customers are:
- Keeping toxic waste out of our soil, air and waterways.
- Saving fossil fuels, water and energy that go into making electronics from virgin materials.
- Putting limited precious metals back into use instead of burying them in the ground.
- Protecting their customer and corporate sensitive data.
- Complying with over 550 privacy and environmental regulations that surround electronic waste.
We'd like to say a big THANK YOU to our clients for making the decision to do things the right way.
We are proud to be your partner in managing your IT equipment and look forward to continuing to protect you, your customers and our community.
To celebrate America Recycles Day this year (November 15th, 2018), we wanted to put into perspective just how much our customers have done and what they are continuing to do by choosing to work with a certified IT asset disposition (ITAD) company like SEAM.
Check out SEAM's new infographic for facts & figures that every business should know.